GENDER EQUITY — GROWING THE GAME FOR GIRLS AND WOMEN IN CLEVELAND
Celebrating and empowering women and girls in sports
Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2024
Time: 8:00 - 9:30 a.m.
(Doors open and light breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m.)
Location: Cleveland Metropolitan Conference Center at One Cleveland Center
1375 E. 9th St., Floor 2 Cleveland, OH 44114
Program Overview: This event will showcase how girls' and women's sports participation is empowering our community. The program will include a panel discussion, networking opportunities, reflection space, and more.
Moderator: Camryn Justice (Reporter, News 5)
This Cleveland Power of Sport Summit Series program encouraged participants to:
- Hear from leaders in women's sports about the current state of girls' and women's sports and how this can be leveraged to continue advancing relevant issues around access to participation and competition, equal pay, and Title IX enforcement
- Explore the positive impact that girls' and women's sports can have in a community, and why Cleveland should invest in women's sports
- Collaborate and share resources to empower local girls and women in sports and ensure they have equal access to participate
- Reflect on experiences at the Cleveland Power of Sport Summit Series and determine how to enact positive change
Athletes can influence generations and send a message of equity and inclusion to the community. They'll help lead meaningful, educational dialogue to advance girls and women in sports.
Coaches make a difference developing well-rounded athletes who stand up for diversity and inclusion and advocating for expanded opportunities for women and girls in sports.
From the field to the front office, sport can teach powerful lessons to professionals in all industries—and their support and advocacy is needed to make meaningful change for closing the gender gap.
* Attendees are responsible for self-parking
All 2023-24 Cleveland Power of Sport Summit programming is subject to change.